Hollin Hall Ranked “Best of Weddings”
Hollin Hall Pastries was ranked among the 2007 “Best of Weddings” by the Knot brides? And we were awarded 2004 Business of the Year by both the Mount Vernon-Lee and Alexandria Chambers of Commerce.
So ‘holla, Hollin Hall Pastries!
Below is a small sample of other awards and press recognition received by the areaâ€™s number one, high-end producer of wedding cakes in the Tri-State area.
- 2007 Pick “The Knot” Best of Weddings…as rated by The Knot brides and featured in our Premiere issue!!!
- 2005 Capenter’s Shelter Cook-off.Â Sunday May 1, 2005
- “You can taste their Love & Joy in each bite!!Â Great, Great and Great – A year ’round WINNERÂ *****Â stars.”Â Robert L.E. Egger, Executive Director, DC Central Kitchen
- “Sweets, to die for – none better!”Â Helen Thomas Veteran White House Coorespondant
- Winner: Carpenter’s Shelter Cook-off “Kid’s Choice Award” (beautiful plaque awarded)
- “Owner Mel Meadows uses imported chocolates and organic fruit.Â Most popular flavor: White Chocolate Mousse.”Â WASHINGTONIAN MAGAZINE, Annual Wedding Guide and Best Tasting Wedding Cakes, January 2005
- Nominee, “Virginia Retail Merchants Association” (VRMA), “2004 Retailer of the Year”,
by Commonwealth of Virginia, House of Delegates,
Kristen J. Amundson State Delegate, Forty-Fourth District of Virginia
- COMMENDATION FROM THE SENATE
The Senate of the Commonwealth of Virginia hereby offers sincerest “congratulations” to the HOLLIN HALL PASTRY SHOP in recognition in being the recipient of the “2004 Business of the Year” Award from the Alexandria Chamber of Commerce and the “2004 Small Business of the Year” Award from the Mount Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce offered by Senator Linda “Toddy” Puller on November 12, 2004.
- “2004-Business of the Year Award – Alexandria Chamber of Commerce” (October 2004)
- “Small Business of the Year – 2004″ – Mount Vernon-Lee Chamber of Commerce (Feb 2004)
- “Creates elegant cakes including the popular Vanilla Bavarian with seasonal fruit.”
– Best Tasting Wedding Cakes, Washingtonian Magazine, January 2004
- â€śSophisticated Cakes, including a ‘Stand-Out’ Chocolate Mousse Cakeâ€ť, Best Tasting Wedding Cakes, Washingtonian Magazine, January 2003
- The â€śCarpenterâ€™s Cook-Off â€ś(April 2003) with affluent culinary judges and their reactions including:
- â€śWorld-class pastries. My favorite part of any meal!â€ť (April 2003)– Tom Head, Executive Wine & Food Editor, Washingtonian Magazine
- â€śGlad I saved dessert for last!â€ť — Kerry J. Donley, Mayor of the City of Alexandria
- â€śHow sweet it is!â€ť â€“ Bob Madigan, WTOPâ€™s â€śMan-About-Townâ€ť
- â€śWOWâ€¦Talk about a slice of Heaven! Chocolate Mousseâ€¦Canâ€™t give it anything less than an â€ś11â€ť (Eleven)!” — Brandon Quesnell, Executive Chef, Whole Foods
- Best in Show and Runner-up for â€śAlexandriaâ€™s Best Restaurantâ€ť at the Taste of Old Town (June 2002) benefiting the National Alzheimers Association;
- One of a number of mentions for acclamation at â€śThe Toast of Alexandriaâ€ť (May 2003) benefiting the Campagna Center for our tempting display of French pastries, cakes and tarts